- Student Email Communication Policy
- Information Technology Policies
- Social Security Number Reporting
- Policy on Access to Student Records (FERPA)
- University Regulations (Including Rules of Conduct)
- International Travel Planning Policy
- Policies on Alcohol and Drugs
- Policies and Procedures on Discrimination and Harassment
- Gender-Based Misconduct Policies for Students
- Protection of Minors
- University Event Policies
- Policy on Partisan Political Activity
- Campus Safety and Security
- Crime Definitions in Accordance with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting Program
- Use of Hoverboards on University Campus and Property
- Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems on University Campus and Property
- Voluntary Leave of Absence Policy
- Involuntary Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Leave of Absence Policy
- Central Administration of the University’s Academic Programs
- Non-Retaliation Policy
- Essential Resources
- Student Consumer Information
- Additional Policy Sources
Essential Policies for the Columbia Community
PROTECTION OF MINORS
Columbia welcomes minors to our campus every day. They are part of our academic programs and activities, athletic programs, summer camps, the (K-8) School at Columbia University, medical clinics and practices, and affiliated childcare centers. We all bear a special responsibility for their care and protection, and we all need to act immediately when we reasonably suspect they may be at risk.
Reporting Suspected Abuse and Maltreatment of Minors
This policy creates an independent duty for members of the Columbia University community who interact with, supervise, chaperone, or otherwise oversee minors in programs or activities at the University or sponsored by the University to report immediately if they have reasonable cause to suspect abuse or maltreatment of individuals under the age of 18.
The full policy is available in the Administrative Policy Library at http://policylibrary.columbia.edu/protection-minors-columbia-reporting-suspected-abuse-and-maltreatment-minors. Click here to read the full policy.
We also encourage you to visit the Protection of Minors website, which contains links to the related policy, training, flyer, and other resources. You will find a number of resources geared towards employees and volunteers who work in our programs involving minors.