- Student Email Communication Policy
- Information Technology Policies
- Social Security Number Reporting
- Policy on Access to Student Records (FERPA)
- University Regulations
- Policies on Alcohol and Drugs
- Student Policies and Procedures on Discrimination and Harassment
- Gender-Based Misconduct Policies for Students
- Protection of Minors
- University Event Policies
- Policy on Partisan Political Activity
- Campus Safety and Security
- Crime Definitions in Accordance with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting Program
- Voluntary Leave of Absence Policy
- Involuntary Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Leave of Absence Policy
- Central Administration of the University’s Academic Programs
- Non-Retaliation Policy
- Essential Resources
- Student Consumer Information
- Additional Policy Sources
Essential Policies for the Columbia Community
STUDENT EMAIL COMMUNICATION POLICY
Columbia University has established email as an official means of communication with students.
An official Columbia University email address is required for all students. The University has the right to send official communications to the University email address, which is based upon the University Network ID (UNI) assigned to the student.
The University expects that every student will receive email at his or her Columbia University email address and will read email on a frequent and consistent basis. A student's failure to receive and read University communications in a timely manner does not absolve that student from knowing and complying with the content of such communications.
Students may elect to redirect (auto-forward) email sent to their University email address. Students who redirect email from their official University email address to another address do so at their own risk. If email is lost as a result of forwarding, it does not absolve the student from the responsibilities associated with communications sent to their official University email address.
All use of email will be consistent with other Columbia University policies including the Email Usage Policy. Learn more.